Rajinikanth is one of the few actors loved by their fans for their negative and positive roles in movies. During his career of more than 45 years, the superstar has gained fans in all age groups. In addition to acting, he also worked as a producer and screenwriter. He received the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke Prize for his “extraordinary contribution to the world of Indian cinema”.
The veteran actor is now a year older, and on that occasion, here are some interesting facts about the actor you need to know!
1. Born December 12, 1950, Rajini started out as a bus driver, carpenter and coolie, before making a career in the film industry.
2. He is one of the highest paid performers in the industry who has also inspired many people around the world.
3. Rajini has fans across the world for his enchanting on-screen character, larger-than-life portrayal of characters, and off-screen simplicity. His fans revere him.
In photos: Celebrate Rajinikanth: Annaatthe, Baashaâ¦. The one and only Thalaiva like no other
4. Not many people know it, but Rajinikanth is not his real name. His real name is Shivaji Rao Gaekwad.
5. He graduated from Madras Film Institute and also learned Tamil during his studies.
6. When he started his career, he only had negative roles. He played a positive role in Bhavuna Oru Kelvikkuri which is considered a classic film.
7. The veteran star has worked in 11 remakes of Bollywood films, mostly starring Amitabh Bachchan in the lead roles. All of his remake movies were blockbusters.
8. In 1988, Rajinikanth starred in Bloodstone co-produced by tennis legend Ashok Amritraj. Directed by Dwight H Little, it was Rajinikanth’s only Hollywood film.
9. He never attends public screenings of his film and after each film he takes a break and goes on vacation.
10. Rajinikanth has been a part of several movies so far, and his directors fear killing his on-screen character because it might upset his fans.
11. He never celebrates his birthday in Chennai, because a few years ago, 3 of his fans died on their way home after his birthday celebrations.
12. The âGodâ of the Tamil film industry is actually a Maharashtrian, who has worked in several regional language films.
13. After Jackie Chan, Rajini is the second highest paid actor in the entertainment industry.
Read all the latest news, breaking news and news on the coronavirus here.